Eli Tomac has done it again. Tomac took the win at the latest round of Supercross in Detroit over the weekend. This is Tomac’s third straight Supercross win. He now has a commanding 42-point lead in the season standings.
Cade Clason had the holeshot when the gate dropped for the main event. Justin Bogle then made a pass for the lead. Within two minutes, Justin Barcia made a move to the front. Jason Anderson and soon Eli Tomac were putting pressure on the leaders. By the time the race was halfway over, Tomac was leading and cruised to the finish for a win.
Over in the Eastern 250SX Regional class, Jett Lawrence was on a roll. Lawrence had the holeshot and lead. He was challenged by Stilez Robertson who briefly took the top spot. Lawrence wasn’t having any of it and regained the lead back to go on and win the event. Lawrence maintains his point lead.
Images courtesy of Feld Entertainment
450SX Detroit Results
1. Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Yamaha
2. Malcolm Stewart, Murrieta, Calif., Husqvarna
3. Justin Barcia, Greenville, Fla., GASGAS
4. Marvin Musquin, Corona, Calif., KTM
5. Justin Brayton, Charlotte, N.C., Honda
6. Vince Friese, Menifee, Calif., Honda
7. Shane McElrath, Oakland, Fla., KTM
8. Justin Bogle, Wesley Chapel, Fla., Suzuki
9. Brandon Hartranft, Brick, N.J., Suzuki
10. Cade Clason, Chesterfield, S.C., Honda
450SX Class Championship Standings
1. Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Yamaha (229)
2. Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.Mex., Kawasaki (187)