The fifth round of Supercross was held in Arizona over the weekend. Eli Tomac now has back to back Supercross wins. Tomac is the only racer thus far to get more than one win in the season.
Tomac had secured holeshots in both heat races. When it came to the main 450SX moto, Chase Sexton was out front. Tomac sat third. Tomac sat quietly there for most of the race. In the final five minutes of the race Tomac pushed into second, then made his move on Sexton for the lead and the race win.
Over in the Western Regional 250SX class, Hunter Lawrence grabbed his first win of the season. Lawrence has always had podium spots during the last four rounds. Christian Craig got second and Jo Shimoda third. Craig continues to lead the championship points standings. The Western Regional Series has one more event before taking a five week break to allow the Eastern Regional Series to begin.
Images courtesy of Feld Entertainment
450SX Class Results
1. Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Yamaha
2. Malcolm Stewart, Murrieta, Calif., Husqvarna
3. Chase Sexton, Clermont, Fla., Honda
4. Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.Mex., Kawasaki
5. Ken Roczen, Clermont, Fla., Honda
6. Justin Barcia, Greenville, Fla., GASGAS
7. Marvin Musquin, Corona, Calif., KTM
8. Cooper Webb, Newport, N.C., KTM
9. Dean Wilson, Murrieta, Calif., Husqvarna
10. Shane McElrath, Oakland, Fla., KTM
450SX Class Championship Standings
1. Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Yamaha (111)
2. Chase Sexton, Clermont, Fla., Honda (100)
3. Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.Mex., Kawasaki (96)