Marvin Musquin had the victory during Round 13 of Supercross in St Louis. The race format was another triple crown event. Musquin’s single win and two second place finishes earned him the overall win. While Tomac’s five race winning streak came to an end, he still stretched his championship points lead after a podium finish.
In the first race, Chase Sexton had the holeshot. Sexton ran uncontested to win the first event. In the second race, Marvin Musquin was out front earning the win, even with pressure from Jason Anderson. In the third and final race of the night, Eli Tomac had the holeshot with plenty of pressure from Musquin. Musquin charged hard but was unable to pass Tomac. Musquin had to settle for second with Tomac taking the race win.
In the Eastern Regional 250 class, RJ Hampshire came away with his first victory. Literally grabbing all three holeshots Hampshire was on fire. While he led most of the first race, Hampshire got off-line with a crash. That allowed Jett Lawrence to get by. In the second race, Hampshire was back out front until Lawrence made another pass. Hampshire took back the lead but went down to the ground. Pierce Brown won the race. In the final race, Lawrence went down on the opening lap and started near the back of the pack. While Lawrence clawed his way to the front he could only make it to second while Hampshire cruised to an easy win.
450SX Class Results
1. Marvin Musquin, Corona, Calif., KTM
2. Chase Sexton, Clermont, Fla., Honda
3. Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Yamaha
4. Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.Mex., Kawasaki
5. Justin Barcia, Greenville, Fla., GASGAS
6. Justin Brayton, Charlotte, N.C., Honda
7. Vince Friese, Menifee, Calif., Honda
8. Brandon Hartranft, Brick, N.J., Suzuki
9. Malcolm Stewart, Murrieta, Calif., Husqvarna
10. Justin Bogle, Wesley Chapel, Fla., Suzuki
450SX Class Championship Standings
1. Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Yamaha (302)
2. Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.Mex., Kawasaki (246)