Battles Ensue for Champ Off Road Racers at ERX

Battles Ensue for Champ Off Road Racers at ERX

The latest stop for the Championship Off Road Racing Series landed in Elk River, Minnesota at ERX Motor Park. The track is well known for its elevation changes and sweeping turns. The track, almost a mile-long has plenty of technical racing.

Kyle Kleiman has had success at ERX in the past in his Pro-Lite. Finally, stepping up in the Pro-2 class, Kleiman secured a win at ERX in Round 5. He had an early lead, but not without plenty of pressure from Jerett Brooks. Kleiman managed to hold off Brooks for a win. In Round 6, Brooks was out front and fighting to keep his position. Ryan Beat eventually moved into the lead. Cory Winner sat quietly picking off drivers. He patiently waited for his opportunity, and with three laps to go, Winner struck. First getting around Ronnie Anderson who had managed to run second place. Then Winner chased down Beat crossing with just 6/10ths of second for a victory.

Another successful racer at ERX is Kyle Greaves. Greaves has five career wins at ERX. When the green flag dropped he immediately shot into the lead going wire to wire for another victory. Round 6 was a much different story with Trey Gibbs starting off in the lead. About midway into the race, Johnny Holtger made an impressive move around both Gibbs and Brock Heger as they were fighting for the lead. Holtger did everything he could to hold off pressure from Gibbs. In the end Holtger won the race.

Johnny Greaves was back on top in Friday’s Round 5 Pro-4 race. With the sun setting and shadows cast on the track, drivers had their work cut out for them. When the green flag dropped, Andrew Carlson was in the lead. After all, ERX is his hometown track. His race shop is just yards from the track on the ERX property. Unfortunately, Carson spun out handing the lead over to CJ Greaves. Just a couple laps later, the younger Greaves would pull off the track with an electrical issue. Kyle Chaney moved to the front for the third lead change of the race. It wasn’t long before Johnny Greaves made a pass for the lead. Hot on Greaves heels was Kyle Leduc who also made a move around Chaney. As the clock wound down, Leduc was unable to get to the lead and soon had to pit for a tire change. Greaves cruised to a win. In Round 6, Greaves put his Friday bad luck behind him, put his head down and worked his way to the front of the pack. Ahead of him was Kyle Leduc. The two would battle door to door for several laps before Leduc suffered mechanical issues. Greaves became victorious.


Photos courtesy of Proformance Media